REPORTS TO: Director, Market Strategy and Analytics
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
RATE: Commensurate with experience
The Data Analytics fellowship requires a detail-oriented and enthusiastic individual interested in performance improvement, policy and data analysis, and in facilitating health care-related learning among ACHP’s member organizations. To be successful in this position, a candidate must be a self-starter, dedicated to delivering high-quality analytics products. The successful candidate will contribute to ACHP’s analytic activities supporting ACHP’s policy agenda through analytic products and building new and innovative ways to use data to support our member organizations. The fellow (or Intern) should be interested in data analytics and health policy.
This fellowship affords a recent graduate the opportunity for rapid learning and growth. Drawing on strong quantitative skills, the graduate fellow will learn about health care economics, managed health care market landscape and related priorities, and quality measurement. This fellowship will provide an excellent foundation for a successful career in health care policy or in health care analytics. Fellows will be involved in the day-to-day operations of the data analytics team.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The graduate fellow supports the ACHP Market Competitiveness team with advanced Excel-based analyses and SAS programming. Some of the ways in which the fellow will support the
- Analyzing publicly available and member-reported datasets (e.g., CMS enrollment, CMS Star ratings CAHPS, HOS, HEDIS) to better understand quality, competitive managed
care market landscape and business impacts Using ACHP’s suite of databases, tools and resources.
- Supporting analytic presentations to clearly and concisely convey insights for key internal and external audiences.
- Collaborating with advocacy team in communicating data and research findings.
- Support work groups that consist of senior leaders from member organizations.
- Work with ACHP’s data analytics team to continuously enhance our analytic offerings by identifying and implementing new data sources and analytic approaches.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, economics, computer science, business, or similar area of study required; Graduate degree in mentioned areas preferred.
- Quantitative skills that include the ability to create data visualizations, be facile with descriptive statistics, understand causative versus associative relationships and incorporate
evaluations of various data collection methodologies into analytic assessments.
- Some experience with statistical, database and data visualization software including PPT, MS Access and Excel, SAS, and Tableau; ability to create Access or SQL databases.
- Some familiarity with a variety of health care data sources, including HEDIS, CAHPS and CMS Medicare Advantage Star Ratings.
- 1-2 years of relevant health care experience or quantitative analysis preferred.
- The ability to manage and organize complex and detailed assignments.
- Excellent judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Confident and friendly verbal communication with a customer-focused mindset.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and strong organizational abilities.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Work is in an office environment, unless altered by CEO or Vice President of Operations
- May be occasionally required to stand, walk or reach with arms
Please submit a resume and cover letter to ACHP Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Data Analytics Fellow/Intern, along with your first initial and last name in the subject line of your e-mail message.
ACHP does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions, and a woman’s right to breastfeed), disability (physical or mental), age (18 and older), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, political affiliation, marital status, veteran or military status, tobacco use, credit information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Making Health Care Better
ACHP is the voice of a unique approach in health care today, one that puts the patient at the center with plans and clinical teams collaborating to improve health outcomes and reduce costs. Our advocacy focuses on providing policymakers with tested solutions, rooted in a model that is proven to deliver better value for patients, employers and taxpayers.