POSITION: Temporary Clinical Innovation Program Support (TEMPORARY)
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
The Alliance of Community Health Plans (ACHP) is a leadership organization that brings together innovative community-based, non-profit health plans and provider organizations that are among America’s best at delivering affordable, high-quality coverage and care to their communities. ACHP member organizations provide coverage and care for more than 22 million Americans across 34 states and the District of Columbia. Our members collaborate to identify problems, share information and work toward solutions to health care’s biggest challenges. Their work is the foundation for ACHP’s advocacy on behalf of better health care nationally. More information is available at www.achp.org.
ACHP is committed to diversity, inclusion and equity within our organization and the promotion of these values across the health sector. We encourage different perspectives, identities and backgrounds, regardless of job function in order to create a more resilient organization that supports a strong, equitable health industry. We foster this by encouraging openness and transparency about diversity issues and we are invested in strategies that seek to equalize opportunities within ACHP.
This temporary position will support the Clinical Innovation team while the Program Manager is on leave. This candidate has strong knowledge and enthusiasm for communicating emerging trends in health care delivery and the work of non-profit community health plans. Successful candidates will be required to maintain relationships with clinical leaders from ACHP member health plans, recognizing their strategic priorities, and support in-person and virtual conference programming that aligns with the member health plans’ population health goals. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who collaborates actively with other ACHP departments, supporting ACHP through a combination of research and analysis, programming for formal learning events and maintaining relationships with clinical executives at member organizations.
This candidate will be available April through August 2022.
- In consultation with clinical leadership, support ACHP’s shared learning for ACHP Clinical Leader Communities for in-person conferences and virtual webinars
- Maintain relationships with the clinical leaders at ACHP member plans, including managing the ACHP Pharmacy Directors Collaborative
- Support ACHP’s research (e.g., RWJF and PCORI engagement award grants) activities, through background research and convening stakeholder meetings
- Proactively contribute to team planning and execution of high-value member services
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required with 5+ years of professional experience in the health care industry
- Ideal candidates have experience working with health care companies, health care trade associations or health care research organizations. Familiarity with pharmacy operations or work with pharmacy clients is a plus
- Experience in building external relationships and fostering engagement with clinical executives, which leverages strong written and oral communications skills
- Understanding of government health programs such as Medicare and Medicaid
- Commitment to working in a team environment with an emphasis on collaboration and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated research and analytical capabilities. Expertise in MS Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook) and Zoom.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Work is in an office environment
ACHP does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions, and a woman’s right to breastfeed), disability (physical or mental), age (18 and older), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, political affiliation, marital status, veteran or military status, tobacco use, credit information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Making Health Care Better
ACHP is the voice of a unique approach in health care today, one that puts the patient at the center with plans and clinical teams collaborating to improve health outcomes and reduce costs. Our advocacy focuses on providing policymakers with tested solutions, rooted in a model that is proven to deliver better value for patients, employers and taxpayers.