REPORTS TO: Executive Vice President
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
The Alliance of Community Health (ACHP) represents the nation’s top-performing non-profit health companies, which serve tens of millions of Americans in 36 states and DC. ACHP member health plans collaborate with providers on high-quality coverage and care – leading the industry in practical reforms.
ACHP is the voice of a unique payer-provider partnership model advancing proven solutions that deliver better value for patients, employers and taxpayer. More information is available on achp.org.
ACHP is committed to diversity, inclusion and equity within our organization and the promotion of these values across the health sector. We encourage different perspectives, identities and backgrounds, regardless of job function in order to create a more resilient organization that supports a strong, equitable health industry. We foster this by encouraging openness and transparency about diversity issues and we are invested in strategies that seek to equalize opportunities within ACHP.
The Associate Director of Business Development supports ACHP’s growth strategy by leading and supporting the recruitment for two new membership categories that ACHP will launch in January 2023.
This position will establish new relationships and assist with the further cultivation of staff and leadership-generated leads with executives at non-profit health plans, provider groups and other stakeholders in the health care industry. Successful candidate will be able to work within a matrixed environment and be a highly-motivated, team-player dedicated to the long-term success of nonprofit, regional health companies and the partners and suppliers who support these health plans.
The Associate Director, Business Development will report to the Executive Vice President of ACHP, and will work in tandem with the Membership and Events and Business Development departments on recruiting and retention efforts, as well as member experience.
This individual will have a working understanding of the nonprofit health plan community and have experience in an association environment with business development and/or member relations expertise. This individual plays a critical role communicating to prospects the value ACHP imparts by advocating on behalf of the non-profit stakeholders in health care around common policy priorities.
The Associate Director of Business Development will be responsible for ensuring a seamless on-boarding process for these new membership categories to ensure organizations are integrated into ACHP’s activities and engaged with our programs, initiatives and appropriate communities.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the business development strategy and execution of the new Select category of membership and work collaboratively with leadership and colleagues to grow the Affiliate category of membership;
- Meet annual growth metrics and maintain an active prospect pipeline;
- Demonstrate a thorough comprehension of the needs, market trends and industry challenges of the non-profit health plan sector and the broader health care industry;
- Develop and nurture relationships with executives and key stakeholders at potential member companies, including health plans and payers, physician groups, and health systems;
- Assist in development of digital and print marketing material to support new membership recruitment, as well as a pitch deck that can be used by ACHP leadership and staff in outreach effort;
- Articulate the member value proposition to prospective members and maintain thoughtful, timely and consistent outreach to prospects;
- Maintain an up-to-date tracking system for leads in Impexium, the CRM database;
- Ensure a seamless transition as prospects become members, supporting the onboarding process and hand-off to the Membership team;
- Understand ACHP’s analytics offerings and capabilities and how to position them to new members;
- Work with ACHP Operations and Finance teams to effectuate membership agreements and receipt of dues;
- Partner with other ACHP departments to ensure new members are fully integrated into the organization;
- Collaborate broadly across ACHP to stay current on policy and advocacy related issues to be able to communicate ACHP positions to prospective members at a high level;
- Assist the Senior Manager, Business Development and Meetings with recruitment for ACHP’s white glove Corporate Alliance Program.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7+ years of previous experience in business development role, ideally within the health plan industry
- Knowledge of the health plan industry
- Previous experience in a membership-based association is a plus
- Demonstrated track record of cultivating partnerships and driving growth
- Ability to maintain strong client relationships and establish industry partnerships at the executive level
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to drive to solutions and consensus
- Experience with CRMs, managing a pipeline and ability to meet or exceed budgeted targets
- Skilled in Microsoft Office suite of products including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Work is in an office environment, with consideration of remote options
- Some travel required
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the position in the subject line. Your cover letter should highlight your relevant experience and provide specific examples of the core responsibilities listed above. Please include your name and the position in the subject of the email and send files in pdf format with your name in the filename.
ACHP does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions, and a woman’s right to breastfeed), disability (physical or mental), age (18 and older), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, political affiliation, marital status, veteran or military status, tobacco use, credit information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.