POSITION: Communications Intern (Full time preferred, non-exempt, hybrid)
REPORTS TO: Director of Communications
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
The Alliance of Community Health (ACHP) represents the nation’s top-performing non-profit health companies, which serve tens of millions of Americans in 36 states and DC. ACHP member health plans collaborate with providers on high-quality coverage and care – leading the industry in practical reforms.
ACHP is the voice of a unique payer-provider partnership model advancing proven solutions that deliver better value for patients, employers and taxpayer. More information is available on achp.org.
ACHP is committed to diversity, inclusion and equity within our organization and the promotion of these values across the health sector. We encourage different perspectives, identities and backgrounds, regardless of job function in order to create a more resilient organization that supports a strong, equitable health industry. We foster this by encouraging openness and transparency about diversity issues and we are invested in strategies that seek to equalize opportunities within ACHP.
ACHP offers challenging and exciting opportunities for those who want to take their expertise out of the classroom and into the world. Interns will be involved in the daily workings of the communications and policy departments and have the chance to work autonomously on projects. Some things you might be doing:
- Writing, editing and compiling articles for ACHP publications
- Researching health care subject matter
- Tracking media outreach
- Researching key health care stakeholders for outreach and partnership
- Helping develop creative approaches to the release of content
- Editing/developing website content
- Drafting social media content (including copy, graphics and video)
- Participating in special projects and performing other related duties
Essential Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal skills
- Ability to think creatively about complex issues
- Ability to manage and organize detailed assignments
- Willingness to take direction, as well as proactively provide ideas
- General interest in social media, online communications and/or visual design
- Understanding how to build a narrative
- Minimum three years of undergraduate study in communications, English or journalism
- Familiarity with HTML a plus
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere) a plus
Please submit a resume, a writing sample and cover letter via e-mail to email@example.com. In the cover letter, please explain why you think your skills make you a strong candidate for this internship, your available start and finish date and the number of hours you are available weekly. Please include “Communications Intern Position” with your first initial and last name in the subject line of your e-mail message.
ACHP does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions, and a woman’s right to breastfeed), disability (physical or mental), age (18 and older), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, political affiliation, marital status, veteran or military status, tobacco use, credit information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.