REPORTS TO: Chief Medical Officer
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
The Senior Manager has strong analytic skills and a passion for health care. This individual plays a key role in utilizing data to demonstrate ACHP member companies’ differentiated value to their communities. This individual will serve as a subject matter expert, designing and overseeing quantitative and qualitative assessments of health plan performance, focusing on quality, affordability, and health outcomes. The analysis and insights allow ACHP member organizations to understand their market positioning and shape public policy in support of provider-aligned regional plans. The senior manager is responsible for ACHP’s signature quality product line, providing superior analysis and insight to the industry’s leaders in health care quality.
The senior manager collaborates closely with executives at member organizations to coordinate learning events that promote innovative thinking and solutions to critical issues. Successful candidates will employ a thorough knowledge of health plan operations and data, experience with database and query software, and an understanding of analytic techniques to produce high-quality deliverables. This individual should be passionate about high-quality, affordable coverage and care and be an idea-generator who can help ACHP and its members further these goals. This position affords the opportunity for growth for individuals who thrive in a high-performing, fast-paced environment.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads quantitative research and studies on key issues related to community-based health plans such as patient-centered care, health quality outcomes and affordability.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on the performance of ACHP member companies and how that can inform a robust policy agenda.
- Develops infographics, issue briefs, and presentations using rigorous methodological approaches to further ACHP’s lobbying and research agenda.
- Collects, records, analyzes, and evaluates data and information to identify data trends.
- Oversees development, interpretation and communication of quality analytics tools with a specific focus on Medicare Advantage and the public program quality rating system.
- Works with ACHP’s analytic team to continuously enhance our analytic offerings by identifying and implementing new data sources, analytic approaches.
- Leads ACHP’s Financial Leaders work group that consist of Chief Financial Officers and other financial executives from member organizations.
- Builds close relationships with executives at member organizations to identify and develop solutions for critical issues affecting their success.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
Required technical qualifications:
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistical analysis, database management and data visualization software, including Tableau, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Excel, SAS, and Python
- Quantitative skills include the ability to create data visualizations, be facile with descriptive statistics, understand causative versus associative relationships and incorporate evaluations of various data collection methodologies into analytic assessments.
Subject matter expertise:
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, economics, data science, analytics, computer science, or similar area of study required; Graduate degree in mentioned areas preferred.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in health services research, health plan analytics or quantitative analysis.
- Strong familiarity with a variety of health care data sources, including HEDIS, CAHPS and CMS Medicare Advantage Star Ratings.
- Knowledge of Medicare Advantage and public exchange regulatory environments (payment structures, risk mitigation, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of health care markets, including commercial and public lines of business.
- Significant project management experience.
- Understanding of health plan clinical operations; experience working at a health plan a plus.
- Excellent judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Confident and friendly verbal communication with a customer-focused mindset.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and strong organizational abilities.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Work is in an office environment
- May be occasionally required to stand, walk or reach with arms
- Some travel required
Please submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to ACHP Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Senior Manager, Market Competitiveness, along with your first initial and last name in the subject line of your e-mail message.
ACHP does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions, and a woman’s right to breastfeed), disability (physical or mental), age (18 and older), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, political affiliation, marital status, veteran or military status, tobacco use, credit information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
The Alliance of Community Health Plans (ACHP) represents a unique nonprofit partnership model in health care, bringing together plans and providers on behalf of the patients and communities they serve. ACHP advocates for practical solutions that make health care better, with high-value coverage and care for all.
ACHP is committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity within our organization and the promotion of these values across the health sector. We encourage different perspectives, identities, and backgrounds to create a more resilient organization that supports a strong, equitable health industry regardless of job function. We foster this by encouraging openness and transparency about diversity issues, and we are invested in strategies that seek to equalize opportunities within ACHP.