October 18, 2022
With over 1 million deaths in the US from Covid-19, and close to 100 million cases of infection since the pandemic began, almost everyone in the nation has been touched by the disease in some way.
CNN Opinion asked health care and policy experts about their proposed solutions to refine our health care system so that it best serves all Americans.
Jennifer Lee: Make sure Americans are covered when COVID-19 is no longer a public health emergency
With US inflation hitting a record high this summer and the increased cost of everyday necessities straining American families, especially in communities of color, ensuring affordable access to health services is more important than ever.
The Inflation Reduction Act takes a vital step by extending the premium tax credits for those who buy their own coverage on the Affordable Care Act marketplace, enabling 13 million individuals to continue to afford their coverage, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation. Congress would do well to make these tax credits permanent.
New from ACHP:
- ACHP Letter to Congress on MA Broker Payments
- PBMs are Clear as Mud: The Value of a Fee-Based, Transparent Model
- ACHP Letter to CMS on Broker Payment Reform
- ACHP’s MA for Tomorrow FAQ Sheet
- ACHP Letter to CMS on Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment and Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment Systems
- ACHP Letter to CMS on Short-Term, Limited-Duration Insurance Plans