September 1, 2022
At Becker’s Payer Virtual Forum, Alliance of Community Health Plans (ACHP) President and CEO Ceci Connolly spoke on a panel with industry leaders about the future of insurance and where health care is headed.
The session, Health Insurer Landscape: Policy and Member Trends to Watch, explored the changing health care environment from the payer’s perspective. As payers continue to innovate in all aspects of health care, ACHP supports member companies as they go above and beyond to meet and exceed regulatory and patient expectations.
Ceci Connolly, joined by health industry executives, spoke about how ACHP companies deftly handle social determinants of health investments, Medicare Advantage and payer-provider relationships—and where plans should go from here. When asked what number one trend health care executives should keep their eye on, ACHP President and CEO Ceci Connolly responded:
“The pandemic underscored that so many Americans are not getting value out of our health care dollars. Especially in light of some of the economic pressures we’re seeing across the country, health care is right up there. Everything we can do to get to value. In our view, that means payers and providers coming together in a community and instead of fighting, working together in a value-based arrangement that we think does then put the emphasis on prevention, primary care and health instead of acute care. All of that is what [ACHP’s members] care about when we focus on affordability.”
View this panel on the future of insurance at Becker’s Hospital Review.
Moderator: Jakob Emerson, Reporter, Becker’s Hospital Review
- Ceci Connolly, President and CEO, Alliance of Community Health Plans (ACHP)
- John Bulger, DO, MBA, Chief Medical Officer, Geisinger Health Plan
- Paul Merrick, MD, Co-Chairman of Board of Directors and Chief Physician Executive, Duly Health
- Sharon Williams, Senior Vice President Payer Relations & Contracting, Cancer Treatment Centers of America
New from ACHP:
- Keeping the Consumer First: It’s Time to Address Misleading Medicare Advantage Marketing
- ACHP Letter to CMS on Medicare Advantage Marketing Practices
- Medicare Advantage: The Choice of America’s Seniors
- Medicaid Redetermination: Preparing for the End of the Public Health Emergency
- ACHP Urges Action on Virtual Care, Medicaid in 2022 Lame Duck Session
- The Promise of Virtual Care