Washington, D.C. (February 1, 2023) – The Alliance of Community Health Plans (ACHP) released the following statement in response to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ (CMS) announcement of the 2024 Advance Notice:
“Medicare Advantage (MA) is the choice of America’s seniors. With over 30 million enrollees and growing, it provides quality coverage and care for a growing population of Americans – ACHP member companies’ MA plans outperform the industry in 75% of Star ratings. ACHP is thrilled that CMS is seeking to establish a “universal foundation” of quality measures which align across federal programs. Consistency in a core set of quality measures reduces burden on clinicians, increases consumer understanding of quality and drives meaningful innovation. We are excited to continue to lead the industry towards high-quality care.
ACHP member companies are committed to ensuring that MA continues to serve consumers. We look forward to continuing to work with the Administration and fight for policies that protect MA beneficiaries and allow them to continue receiving high-quality care and coverage.”
The Alliance of Community Health Plans (ACHP) represents the nation’s top-performing nonprofit health companies, which serve tens of millions of Americans in 37 states and D.C. ACHP member plans collaborate with providers on high-quality coverage and care — leading the industry in practical reforms.
ACHP is the voice of a unique payer-provider partnership model advancing proven solutions that deliver better value for patients, employers and taxpayers. Contact us for case studies and data about member innovations and results.
New from ACHP:
- ACHP Comments on Over-the-Counter Preventive Services RFI
- Bringing Community-Led Solutions into the Maternal Health Evidence Base
- Report Finds Improved Health & Greater Savings When Patients Take Their Medications as Prescribed
- ACHP Joins Health Care Partners to Announce The Common Health Coalition: Together for Public Health
- Medicaid Redeterminations: ACHP Members’ Efforts to Protect Access to Coverage
- ACHP Plans Continue to Excel in CMS Quality Star Ratings