May 18, 2020
Ensuring access to care, maintaining continuity of coverage and stabilizing the health insurance market is critical, particularly in the face of the ongoing COVID-19 public health emergency. To help fill in the coverage gaps created by the current pandemic, the Alliance of Community Health Plans (ACHP) proposes several novel approaches that together, help solve the coverage puzzle. These include:
- COBRA subsidies and expansion of the Health Coverage Tax Credit
- A Special Enrollment Period for the individual market
- Premium Grace Period protections
- A Medicaid Stabilization Fund
- and Reinsurance and Risk Corridors
Learn how putting these puzzle pieces together fills in coverage gaps created by COVID-19 and helps provide Americans more peace of mind in these uncertain times.
Additional information on efforts of ACHP plans and their affiliated systems during this public health crisis is available here.