June 21, 2021
Commitments Support White House Goal of 70 Percent Vaccination Rate by July 4
Washington, D.C. – ACHP and its member companies are doubling down vaccination efforts nationwide to support the White House goal of 70 percent of Americans receiving at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine by the Fourth of July holiday.
ACHP member companies have committed to five key actions, including:
- Educate and reach out to consumers targeting unvaccinated individuals, underserved, rural and low-income communities with social media campaigns, text messaging and robocalls.
- Partner with community organizations and fellow ACHP members to share vaccination efforts and data collection.
- Serve as a vaccine ambassador in the community through strategic marketing and media engagement.
- Encourage health care colleagues to get vaccinated and share their experience with families, friends and patients.
- Support innovative vaccine delivery to reach rural, homebound and other consumers unable to travel, including mobile vaccination clinics, travel reimbursement and rewards such as vacations and wellbeing incentives.
“ACHP members are turbocharging local vaccination efforts across the country, nimbly and swiftly adapting to meet the needs of the people they serve,” said ACHP President and CEO Ceci Connolly. “Trusted leaders in their communities, our nonprofit health plans are uniquely positioned to identify, educate and tailor vaccination activity. ACHP is fiercely committed to the collective nationwide efforts that help our country end this pandemic.”
ACHP member companies have been on the frontlines of the COVID-19 pandemic. Many immediately stood up testing, changed payment models, launched or expanded telehealth and are now supporting equitable vaccine access. They are using high-touch, high-tech strategies to get lifesaving vaccines to every American.
Presbyterian Health Plan in New Mexico is identifying and engaging unvaccinated and vulnerable individuals through stratification of claims, medical record, state and federal data. In partnership with its medical group, Presbyterian has also created targeted lists for primary care providers to outreach and engage with unvaccinated Medicaid members. HealthPartners in Minnesota has collaborated with community and public partners to educate and provide vaccinations, with a special emphasis on equity, inoculating nearly 80 percent of its dual-eligible members across the state. Regional competitors, Dean Health Plan and Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin are partnering to reach as many unvaccinated people as possible.
The Alliance of Community Health Plans (ACHP) represents the nation’s top-performing non-profit health plans to improve affordability and outcomes in the health care system. ACHP member companies serve more than 24 million Americans in 36 states and the District of Columbia. Members are provider-aligned health organizations that provide high-quality coverage and care to tens of millions of Americans. They are leading the industry in practical, proven reforms around primary care delivery, value-based payment and data-driven systems improvement. Learn more at the ACHP website and follow us on Twitter for the latest health insights.
All media inquiries should be directed to: