ACHP members highlight Hospital at Home Programs at ATA 2022.
Alliance of Community Health Plans (ACHP) member company leaders joined ACHP President and CEO Ceci Connolly in Boston, Massachusetts, for a session on hospital-at-home care at ATA2022. The panel, Hospital-at-Home: How Payers are Driving Patient-Centered Care Anywhere, discussed the development of successful Care Anywhere models. The session also addressed payers’ in the success of these patient-centered, technology innovations.
As leading providers in their communities, the panelists provided hospital-at-home care case studies from Security Health Plan/Marshfield Clinic Health System’s Home Recovery Program, Select Health/Intermountain’s Hospital Level Care at Home and Connect Care Pro; and Kaiser Permanente’s Medically Home deployment and investment.
Through collaboration with local provider partners and health systems, ACHP member companies have enhanced options for consumers to access care when and where they choose. During the session, the panelists discussed the success of patient-centered, hospital-level care programs in the home due to payers driving the program development. Meeting consumers where they are with the services they need through hospital-at-home care leads to improved care coordination, expanded access and reduced costs — improving value in the health care system.
The panel also pondered how flexibilities implemented under the public health emergency impacted the evolution of hospital-at-home services and how Congressional extensions of hospital-at-home waivers will impact outcomes, costs and quality.
- Dr. Nathan Starr; Medical Director, Castell Home Services; Lead Hospitalist Intermountain Tele-Hospitalist Program; Intermountain Healthcare
- Dr. Stephen Parodi; Executive Vice President, The Permanente Federation; Associate Executive Director, The Permanente Medical Group
- Dr. Swetha Gudibanda; Medical Director, Home Recovery Care Program; Lead Hospitalist for the Tele-Hospitalist Robot Program; Marshfield Clinic Health System
For more on successful hospital-at-home care and Care Anywhere models, read ACHP’s 2021 Report on Affordability and blog on how ACHP member plans are empowering consumers with care delivery flexibilities.
New from ACHP
- ACHP Welcomes Mat Gulick as Communications Director
- Sleeping Giants: How Employers Can Shape the Future of Health Care
- Ending the Food and Nutrition Insecurity Crisis (Webinar)
- Health Care Policy Reform Discussion at thINc360
- ACHP Applauds Congress for Passing Critical Relief in Inflation Reduction Act