Reports to: Chief Medical Officer
Location: Washington, D.C.
The Alliance of Community Health Plans (ACHP) represents a unique nonprofit partnership model in health care, bringing together plans and providers on behalf of the patients and communities they serve. ACHP advocates for practical solutions that make health care better, with high-value coverage and care for all.
ACHP is committed to diversity, inclusion and equity within our organization and the promotion of these values across the healthcare industry. We encourage different perspectives, identities, and backgrounds, regardless of job function in order to create a more resilient organization that supports a strong, equitable healthcare industry. We foster this by encouraging openness and transparency about diversity issues and progress and we are invested in strategies that seek to equalize opportunities within ACHP.
The Manager/Senior Manager of Clinical Programs has strong knowledge and enthusiasm for communicating emerging trends in health care payment and delivery and is committed to advancing the work of non-profit community health plans. He/she drives ACHP’s member organizations’ engagement in collaborative learning and collective research, especially as it relates to health plan performance improvement. Successful candidates will be required to build relationships with clinical leaders from ACHP member plans, recognizing their strategic priorities and designing in-person and virtual programming that supports their goals. The Manager/Senior Manager collaborates closely with health plan clinical leaders to help articulate the value of the care they provide and share best practices. This individual should be passionate about high-quality, equitable and affordable coverage and care and be an idea-generator who can help ACHP and its members continue their leadership as the top-rated, most innovative health plans in the nation. This position reports to the Chief Medical Officer.
The position affords good opportunities for growth and promotion. Successful candidates will be energetic, flexible, and collaborative.
- In consultation with clinical leadership, design and deliver ACHP’s shared learning agenda for ACHP Clinical Leader Communities through in-person conferences and virtual webinars.
- Develop close relationships with the clinical leaders and subject matter experts at ACHP member plans, including the ACHP Quality Leaders, Clinical Executives and Behavioral Health Communities, to identify critical issues affecting performance and market differentiation.
- Contribute to ACHP’s quality and value objectives in collaboration with ACHP’s Federal Affairs team.
- Collaborate with ACHP’s data and analytics team to interpret data trends into actionable quality improvement opportunities for members.
- Assist ACHP’s Federal Affairs team in communicating quality performance to policymakers, thought leaders and journalists, advancing perspectives on public reporting and quality rating systems.
- Support member work groups in topics of interest, such as CMS Medicare Advantage Star Ratings, Medicaid, NCQA Accreditation and HEDIS reporting, or other emerging clinical issues.
- Support implementation of research projects and strategic clinical initiatives such as ACHP’s Chronic Disease Pledge.
- Duties as assigned.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate degree in health-related or public policy field preferred. Clinical background or experience at a health plan or research center a plus.
- Excellent judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Strong written and oral communications skills; ability to synthesize and present complex information for various audiences.
- Commitment to working in a team environment with an emphasis on collaboration and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated research and analytical capabilities. Expertise in MS Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Well-organized individual skilled in project management.
- Demonstrated attention to detail with strong organizational abilities
- 4+ years of work experience in health care quality, health plan operations, behavioral health, or health policy
- Expertise in health plan quality measurement and improvement
- Knowledge and experience with health plan quality ratings and data sources, including HEDIS, CAHPS and CMS Medicare Advantage Star Ratings.
- Translation of real-world evidence into advocacy opportunities and policy options
- Ability to make connections between health care policy and real-world business dynamics
- Work is in an office environment
- Hybrid office position/must be located in the DMV area
- Some travel required
Please submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to ACHP Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Manager-Senior Manager, Clinical Programs, along with your first initial and last name in the subject line of your e-mail message.
ACHP does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions, and a woman’s right to breastfeed), disability (physical or mental), age (18 and older), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, political affiliation, marital status, veteran or military status, tobacco use, credit information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.