October 2, 2023
The Alliance of Community Health Plans (ACHP) has released an infographic outlining our recommendations to address wasteful broker compensation in the Medicare Advantage (MA) program as part of MA for Tomorrow, ACHP’s vision for the future of MA. Brokers play a critical role in helping seniors navigate MA enrollment to find the plan that best meets their needs. Despite a cap established in 2009 by CMS on the commissions brokers can earn for new enrollees and renewals, some brokers are being compensated more than twice the CMS commission limit via incentives and administrative fees. MA for Tomorrow standardizes broker payments and protects consumers by establishing a ceiling on total compensation, requiring health plans to report total compensation and allowing bonus payments to brokers who enroll consumers in high-quality plans.
Read more about how MA for Tomorrow improves consumer navigation in the MA program here.
New from ACHP:
- ACHP Comments on Over-the-Counter Preventive Services RFI
- Bringing Community-Led Solutions into the Maternal Health Evidence Base
- Report Finds Improved Health & Greater Savings When Patients Take Their Medications as Prescribed
- ACHP Joins Health Care Partners to Announce The Common Health Coalition: Together for Public Health
- Medicaid Redeterminations: ACHP Members’ Efforts to Protect Access to Coverage
- ACHP Plans Continue to Excel in CMS Quality Star Ratings